This year is the 8th annual West Austin Studio Tour, and Sunset Canyon Pottery is proud to participate in it once again. This is our 3rd year, and we couldn’t be more excited! The event spans two weekends, and gives everyone an opportunity to visit our studio, see demos of our work, and buy great pottery from us and local artists. We love getting the opportunity to connect with the local community and interact with friends and artists.
Here are the details:
- May 11th – 12th, and May 18th – 19th, 11 AM – 6 PM.
- Saturdays, from 2 – 4 PM: Wheel Throwing/Handle Pulling Demos: Come watch us throw pottery on the wheel and see how we pull the handles for our mugs!
- Sundays, from 1 -3 PM: Wheel Throwing/Glazing demos: Come watch us throw pottery on the wheel and see our process for hand dipping and decorating our glaze patterns!
- Annual Seconds Sale: We’ll be selling factory seconds at discounted prices to anyone who attends.
- Buy Pottery From Local Artists: We will be featuring the personal work of our employees plus our friends that will be for sale.
- Food and Drink: Enjoy some complimentary drinks and snacks while you browse and explore our studio!