Sunset Canyon Pottery’s Strawbale Construction and Rainwater Collection Infrastructure
Bill Hauser is more than happy to share his enthusiasm for our strawbale building and rainwater collection system. This green building project is a source of personal and community pride.
A few facts about our facility:
- Nealry 500 bales of straw were used as insulation
- Cement stucco exterior
- 4100 sq. ft. slab (main building); total 5000 sq. ft. roof surface
- 42,000 gallon freestanding storage tank composed of ferro cement
- Wall-raising assisted by Strawbale Association of Texas (SBAT)
- Matts Muhrman, Judy Knox, and David Eisenberg were present for the wall-raising
To learn more about strawbale buildings explore www.greenbuilder.com.